Friday, April 10, 2009

Athiests can sometimes preach better than Christians

If you ignore the platonic dualism present in his thinking, there's some good stuff for here for Christians. In fact it was these words by an athiest that spurred CT Studd to an all out commitment to Christ:

"If I firmly believed, as millions say they do, that the knowledge and practice of religion in this life influences destiny in another, then religion would mean everything to me. I would cast away earthly enjoyments as dross, earthly cares as follies, and earthly thoughts and feelings as vanity. Religion would be my first waking thought, and my last image before sleep sank me into unconsciousness. I should labor in its cause alone. I would take thought for the morrow of eternity alone. I would esteem one soul gained for heaven worth a life of suffering. Earthly consequences would never stay my hand, or seal my lips. Earth, its joys and griefs, would occupy no moment of my thoughts. I would strive to look upon eternity alone, and on the immortal souls around me, soon to be everlastingly happy or everlastingly miserable. I would go forth to the world and preach to it in season and out of season, and my text would be, "what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful.
Many thanks for sharing!

Also visit my web page unique ways to make money
My web site :: best way to earn money on the internet

Anonymous said...

It is in reality a nice and useful piece of information.
I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us.

Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Here is my web page - binary options australia

Anonymous said...

But, you need to be very careful before planning the second pregnancy. Time when the female ovulates is crucial, as it can eliminate female infertility. This condition does not mean a woman is necessarily infertile, many women with endometriosis still conceive.
http://pregnancyhelper.in

Anonymous said...


http://www.petinsuranceuks.co.uk/liability-insurance.html Because of that, it's much expensive to insure a dog than a cat. Although this is an up and coming area, some insurers offer multi pet insurance. If your pet is an indoor cat, there are cat health insurance options designed specifically for indoor cats.