Thursday, November 6, 2008

two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...

Went to the local pub to study church history tonight, ended up getting into a gospel conversation with a drunk who'd just won on the pokies. He urged me to ditch my bible and enjoy life. I told him this life would end and that he will end up in either heaven or hell (it's amazing how up-front you get with drunk people). I said some other stuff too of course. Maybe I'll see him again and we can continue the conversation, he volunteers at the fruit and vege co-op behind my church and lives in the high rise opposite my house. Please pray for Pete

Then I just spoke to one of the closest people in my life, and they told me they weren't a Christian anymore. They said it was too much to handle. Friggin' sucks.

It's a strange feeling when on the one hand you want Jesus to return so the pain would end, but on the other hand you don't because so many people you care about are perishing.

2 comments:

reuben// said...

Mate! how good! and how bad...

Have prayed for you + your friends.

...so church history study is good for something :-)

shanerogerson said...

tough day mate, but glad you are there and praying you are helpful for your friend right now