Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lazy or not my gift?

I struggle to work hard at the desk. I just can't sit down for long. I get fidgety after ten minutes and want to talk to someone or do something. I have the concentration span of a puppy. 1st Semester of a 4 year degree and I think I've had enough. I spend more time on the ping pong table than I do studying while I'm at colllege (I know it's a worry when I'm thinking more about the ping pong player I'll be at the end of four years than the theologian).

I'm wondering if it is because I am lazy or studying is just not my gift. I'm probably lazy, and just need to put my head down and hit the books. I don't desire to be an acedemic, nor do I think I'm capable, but I think it's time I quit procrastinating and just do my work.

6 comments:

Dave Miers said...

is there a 3rd option???

geoffc said...

Proably. What other options do you think there are?

Dave Miers said...

belly dancing??

geoffc said...

I knew you'd bring that up Dave. Can't you just let the past remain in the past?

andrewE said...

Geoff, I need you on form for ping pong.

More seriously, though, I think study is something you can learn to do better. I'm not sure blogging helps though.

æ

Jason Au said...

There's usually more than one way to do something. The trick is finding it.