Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Imitating the Incarnation

John 1:14

"The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us"


Jesus came to the world as flesh, full of grace and truth in order to save it. Through the incarnation we have seen his glory and can become children of God. It is an astonishing example of lengths God has gone to in order to redeem his people and shows the extent of his love for us.

I currently live in Redfern, where for the past few years I have been involved in the local church trying to bring the message of Jesus to those living in this vibrant community. What Sarah and I have noticed significantly is the difference it has made living in the community. We live amongst those we are trying to love, and it enables us to build trust and further our relationships. Hopefully by living amongst them we can somehow become one of them (though we will aways be different), and through this they may recognize Jesus as the light of the world.

I believe this is a good model for living the gospel, as it is the model God used to save us.

I have more thoughts on this topic which I will post about later hopefully.

No comments: